There are a few key do’s and don’ts of mystery shopping to keep in mind when conducting a mystery shopping evaluation. These guidelines will help you provide accurate and valuable feedback to the business you are evaluating, and will help ensure that the evaluation is conducted smoothly and successfully.
Some of the key dos of mystery shopping include:
- Do read the instructions and guidelines provided by the mystery shopping company carefully. This will ensure that you understand exactly what is expected of you during the evaluation, and will help you provide the most accurate and valuable feedback.
- Do be as discreet as possible when conducting the evaluation. You don’t want to draw attention to yourself or make the employees you are evaluating uncomfortable.
- Do take detailed notes during the evaluation, including the names of any employees you interact with, the time of your visit, and any specific observations you make. This will help you provide thorough and accurate feedback in your report.
- Do be honest and objective in your feedback. Don’t let personal biases or emotions influence your evaluation.
Some of the key don’ts of mystery shopping include:
- Don’t let the employees know that you are a mystery shopper. This could affect their behavior and make the evaluation less accurate.
- Don’t be confrontational or argumentative with the employees you are evaluating. This could make the situation uncomfortable and could affect the accuracy of your evaluation.
- Don’t make any purchases that you are not comfortable with. If you are asked to make a purchase that you are not comfortable with, contact the mystery shopping company for guidance.
- Don’t share any confidential information you receive during the evaluation with anyone outside of the mystery shopping company. This could violate the terms of your agreement with the company and could harm the business you are evaluating.
Our shoppers are well-trained and hard to detect. Contact us today and discover how our mystery shopping program can help your business.